Wednesday, September 28, 2011

stumped by a tree design... again

One of the things I love most about my job is the variety of designs I get to work with.  Yes I have an online brochure of invitation ideas, but very often couples come to me with a medley of ideas in their heads that they want to have specially created.  It's then up to me to rise to the challenge!

I have to admit, I am beginning to get a little fearful of drawing trees.  I am not a traditional artist you see.  In fact my GCSE art teacher told me quite clearly that I 'can not draw at all' and packed me off to the textile studio!  If a client wants a 'cartoon style' tree, then I am all over it, but for anything more realistic, it takes me much longer. I still have nighmares about Hayley & Mark's design, which took hours to get right.  However, after meeting with my new clients I knew that their love of the outdoors needed to be reflected in their wedding stationery.  I was prepared for a few more long nights.

The good news is, Kirsty and Hugh have taken several elements from several cards designed just for them and I can now get to work on their final design by mixing it all together.  I will pop a picture of the final product up soon, but here is an idea of what you receive after completing my bespoke stationery questionnaire.

Enjoy the sunshine, love, Hannah

No comments: