Sunday, September 18, 2011

Little Fish Events launches new site





I met with Lynsey just over a year ago and over a coffee and a slab of Victoria sponge, she uttered the words many people in business dread hearing.

‘I think your website needs a little facelift.’

I stared at my half empty mug and wondered if it were deep enough to drown myself in.  The website, or should I say 'THE WEBSITE'.  Over a hundred pages of images that take so many attempts to get right, text that takes hours to compose and links and coding that go on for weeks. Having been running the business while juggling my busy brood of three children, I had neither the energy or the inclination to set off on this monumental task.

Seeing the storm clouds gather, my little marketing Guru from Bimbo Design pushed on.

‘Nothing drastic, just an overhaul of the look, so it’s more three dimensional. And you know the stationery section is looking a little outdated!

I knew there was no stopping her. ‘It’ll take a day, two at the most’ she continued with an encouraging smile.

I had to admit there were some very shaky designs in the old on-line brochure, ‘Sparkly Dragonfly’ in particular was a quite horrific, I think I must have designed it with crayons in the dark. And there were the cards with the wire detailing and beads,which literally made my fingers blister whenever I had to make them. I guess we could give it a go… how much work could it possibly be?

Well, I can’t answer that question and I am sure Bimbo Design would rather forget the long days that turned into late nights and even crept into early mornings getting everything just so. I had a brilliant Facebook message last week that summed up the week for both if us…

‘Leave me alone, I am broken. I am dreaming about diamantes and glitter!’

Well after the countless cups of tea, sheets of card, tubes of glitter, reams of diamantes and pages of text, the new Little Fish Events site is up and running. I am particularly proud of the ‘designs’ section, which has taken me months to get right. There isn’t one card in there that I wouldn’t be very happy to receive through the post – certainly no ‘Spangly Dragonfly’ to haunt me.

I hope that through the new stationery, I can offer my brides and grooms the opportunity to present their guests with something that makes them feel special and spoilt and very privileged to be part of such a special day. I really think my stationery is chic, sophisticated and stylish, but with en edgy sense of fun. I hope this comes across.

As for all the other sections… well I guess you’ll just have to go and have a look for yourselves.

Finally, to Lynsey at Bimbo Design, who started this epic journey off with one innocent comment, thank you for your time, talent and patience. The best thing about this process has been working alongside you again. Now please have a day off and get some very well deserved sleep.

For everyone else… here’s the link. http://www.littlefishevents.co.uk/ enjoy!


Love, Hannah

No comments: